Rates and Amenities February, July, August: $225 a night
- June: $200 a night
- March, April, May: $175 a night
- September, October: $185 a night
- January and November: $150 a night
- December: Closed
- If you have more than 4 guests, it is an extra $45 a night per person.
- Boats: boat docking slip is included with cottage rental.
- Dogs: $30 charge, per night. Dogs are allowed for Cottages 5-7 only. Maximum of two dogs.
- Day Pass: You are allowed to have non-staying guests come visit you at the cottages for the day for an extra $25 per-person. This will include use of our Canoes, Kayaks and Paddle Boards. Please email us with the individuals information and phone number prior to them arriving to reserve their day pass.
- Complementary: Inside our cottages we offer complementary toiletries for your stay (shampoo, conditioner, body wash), as well as some of Maine’s finest local coffee from Wildlife Coffee Company. Outside of the cottages, we offer complementary use of our canoes, kayaks and paddle boards, as well as multiple community grills, fire pits lawn games and water floats.
- Check In Time: Guests may check in no earlier than 3 pm. Cleanliness and cottage presentation is important to us, as well as each guest. We cannot guarantee that your cottage is clean and ready before 3 pm.
- Check Out Time: Guests must check out no later than 10 am. Any guest extending their stay beyond 10 am will be charged $50 per hour after 10 am. Check in and out times are very important to ensure you and other guests can have a clean, presentable cottage.
- Occupancy Limits: There should be no additional guests beyond the quantity you have booked. If you wish to have additional guests visit during the day, a day pass can be purchased.
- Safety: Each cottage will be outfitted with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, and a first aid kit. The safety of you and your family is important to us, but it is also your responsibility. Understand inherent shoreline dangers. Parents must not leave children unattended at any time. There is no lifeguard on duty. If you cannot swim, do not enter the water. If you have children that cannot swim, please monitor them closely, and provide them with proper PFDs. PFDs (Life jackets) are required to be worn at all times in rental canoes/kayaks.
- Smoking: No Smoking within 10’ of any building (this includes on the enclosed porches). Guests found smoking within any structure on the Rockwood Cottages campus will be fined $300 for each occurrence.
- Quiet Hours: 9:30 pm to 7:00 am. Guests are welcome to spend time outside through the night, or rise as early as they wish. However, loud music, yelling, and partying outdoors will not be permitted after 9:30 pm. Early risers must be respectful of neighboring guests who may still be sleeping. Guests that cannot accommodate this policy will be escorted off the premises and will not be refunded.
- Pets: Pets must be crated if left inside the cottage while unattended, and must be leashed while outside. The designated potty area is on the north side of cottage 7, between the main road and Cottage Ln. Pet owners are required to clean up after their pets. A minimum fine of $20 will be charged for failure to pick up each pet bowel movement. Damage to the property as a result of your pet will be charged to you on a case by case basis. It is your responsibility as the pet owner to provide baggies to clean up after your pet, as well as a kennel if you intend to leave your pet alone in the cottage.
- Property Damage: At the end of your stay, the cottages should look like they did when you arrived. Any notable damage left by you or your guests will be charged to you; the rate will be sufficient to cover the cost of repairs, plus any additional lost revenue as a result of the time lost during repair. Be considerate.
- Cottage Property: Cottage property will be inventoried before and after each stay. Any missing or damaged items will be charged accordingly.
- Sundries: Fresh linens and bedding will be provided for your stay, and will be cleaned at the end of your stay. If your stay extends beyond 1 week, we can coordinate a linen change at the end of each week. Two rolls of toilet paper, two rolls of paper towels, complementary coffee, one travel size soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion will be included. If you should require more than what is provided, it is your responsibility to provide for yourself. Please plan and prepare for your stay accordingly. Rockwood Convenience Store is 5 minutes from the cottages, as well as multiple supermarkets along your drive.
- Personal Property: Rockwood Cottages is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen personal property.
- Rockwood Cottages is not responsible for any harm brought to you or other guests brought on by your actions or inactions.
- Other Guests: Please respect the space of other guests. Be considerate of their experience, families, children, etc.
- Courtesy Request: The owners occupy the farmhouse with their family. Please enjoy your stay, but do not disturb the owners by loitering in any area immediately around the farmhouse.
- Cancellation Policy: 50% of your stay is due at the time of booking. The remaining 50% will be due 10 days before your stay. You can receive a full refund if you cancel any time during that timeframe. If you cancel after the 10 days, we are not obligated to refund any part of your stay.
End of Stay Clean Up Notes and Checklist
In order for our staff to ensure guests have an optimal stay, we require your assistance in cottage cleanliness. Check out is at 10 am. Please allow yourself time to complete the following checklist at the end of your stay.
- Bedding: Consolidate each bed’s linens and separate the top blankets. Remove the pillow cases and leave them atop of the pile.
- Towels: Pile all used towels on the bathroom floor.
- Trash and Returnables: Bag up all trash and returnables. Leave on the cottage porch. Should you have full trash bags that need to be disposed of during your stay, please leave them on the ground outside of your cottage and we will come around daily to pick up.
- Dishes: Wash all of your dishes. You may leave them in the sink or drying rack to dry. Empty and turn off coffee pot
- Sweep: Take a moment to sweep obvious dirt and debris off of each floor